Search

Monday, October 3, 2011

Date Night #2

    Pecan Crusted Salmon. Yes, I know it looks like a carrot...
For as long as I can remember, my mom has been getting on my case about eating more fish… I guess Chicken of the Sea and spicy tuna hand rolls don’t count as fish (sad face). So I decided that it’s time for me to be a big girl, and broaden my culinary horizons. Salmon is a yummy fish that doesn’t really have that icky fishy taste so I felt as though it was safe for me to try.
My boyfriend’ mother turned me on to this WONDERFUL recipe for Pecan Crusted Salmon. Because Daniel is the hungriest person I know, it was imperative for me to add some starches and vegetables to the meal. So I went to the easy yet ALWAYS delicious twice stuffed baked potatoes, and oven roasted broccoli (from this meal, too).

Oven Roasted Broccoli


This is the recipe for the entire meal for 2 people

For the baked potatoes:
2 potatoes
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp pepper

  1. Preheat the oven to 400*
  2. Poke the potatoes all over with a fork (this will let the steam out and let them cook evenly throughout), place on a cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour.
  3. Cut potatoes in half (let them cool, they’ll be HOT HOT HOT!!!) and scoop out inside into a bowl.
  4. Use a fork and mush the potatoes (not TOO mushy, leave some texture), then add all of the ingredients and mix together.
  5. Place the potato mixture back into the potatoes and put back in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (or until the top is golden and crunchy).
Twice Stuffed Baked Potatoes

For the salmon:
1 piece salmon (I like the one from Costco; cheap and yummy!)
¾ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup bread crumbs (do NOT use Italian style, I did and it was TOO MUCH flavor)
3 tbs melted butter
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tbs minced Italian flat leafed parsley (MUST BE FRESH!!! Dried just doesn’t taste right and is far too dry)
3 tbs FRESH lemon juice

Salmon Before
  1. Preheat oven to 350*
  2. Mix pecans, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parsley, and lemon juice together in a large bowl. After mixed, add melted butter and mix until evenly coated.
  3. Place salmon on a large cookie sheet and cover with pecan mixture.
  4. Bake for 15-20 minutes (make sure you check every 5 minutes to make sure it’s not burnt). It will be ready once the top is golden and crunchy.
  5. Cut salmon in half, and then place it on a serving platter (I like to garnish the platter with whatever herbs I use. So for this, it was fresh parsley) 
enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment