Mommy decided to have a total baking fest today and send some yummies to our cousins and aunt and uncle back in Boston. I felt I should chime in and help her because that meant that I also got to taste everything. We had already done chocolate peanut butter cookies and chocolate fudge brownies so I was told not to make anything else with chocolate. But let's be honest, who DOESN'T love chocolate?! And personally, I love anything crunchy and oatmeal cookies are always oozy on the inside and crunchy on the outside; the perfect combo!!! So I vetoed the no-chocolate rule and baked my little heart out!!!
What you'll need:
3 cups oats (uncooked, obvi!!!)
1 stick softened butter
3/4 cup tightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (or more if you'd like!)
1 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350*.
2. Mix together the sugars and the butter in an electric mixing bowl.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well.
4. In a separate bowl sift together (to get out all of the lumps) the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt then slowly add on LOW to the electric mixing bowl.
5. Add the chocolate chips and the oats at the end.
6. Grease (or line with parchment/wax paper) a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
7. Let cool on a cooling rack and dip into a glass of milk!