Search

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Favorite Salad

After looking back on my previous posts, I realized that I haven't posted anything that doesn't require much effort. I have decided to share with you my recipe for my absolute FAVORITE salad. I would eat it every single day if I could. It goes great as a side meal with any dish, or add some chicken or other protein and make it a meal all it's own. It's filled with items that everyone should always have on hand, and, if not, you can me your own variation of it. But, I promise that you'll love this goat cheese, candied pecan, red onion, and cucumber salad!!! Oh, and the dressing is to DIE for!!!

What you'll need:
1 bag baby green lettuce mix
1 bag arugula
1/4 cup candied pecans (or walnuts)
1/4 cup chopped red onions
1/4 cup chopped cucumbers
Tuscan Italian Dressing (from Trader Joe's DUH!)

1. Place your baby green mixture (I like to add some arugula in there too!!!) into a pretty bowl (everything looks better in a pretty serving piece!!!)
3. Cut your onions into bite size pieces (nobody wants to bite into a big chunk of onion!) We want everything to be about the same size so every bite is the same. 
2. Cut your cucumbers into quarters (cut thick slices then cut them into 4's)
4. Now, for the next step, you can go a few ways. You can add some candied pecans (I purchased mine from Trader Joe's) or do it yourself. Chop them up into the same size pieces as the cucumbers and onions.
5. Mix everything together with about 2tbs. of the dressing (a little goes a LONG way!!!)

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment