I was a very lucky girl this holiday season. For Hanukkah, my mom and sisters bought me 5 cookbooks. Needless to say, there has been a rumbly in my tumbly ever since! Unfortunately, I've had very little time to dive in to any recipes. But you all know I love tradition, so tonight, Saturday, is date night! After reading through about 200 recipes, I stumbled upon a pasta (DUH!) dish from Gwyneth Paltrow's cookbook "My Father's Daughter" that looked so refreshing and delicious. (And, yes, it's THAT Gwyneth!) It's a spaghetti (I opted for Rigatoni because I like the shape) dish with a lemon, basil, and parmesan sauce. Sounds RIGHT up my alley!!! I added some chicken to make it that much better (and make me feel less guilty!)
What you'll need (for the chicken marinade):
2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
2 shallots thinly sliced
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large plastic ziplock bag
1. Slice the shallots thinly and add them to the bag of the cubed chicken breasts.
What you'll need (for the pasta):
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of half one lemon
Pasta of your choice (I used rigatoni)
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan
3 tbs. olive oil
1. Place the zest of 1 lemon in a bowl.
3. Whisk in the olive oil until it turns into a paste
4. Meanwhile, boil and salt some water and cook the pasta until it's al dente (not TOTALLY cooked, but still has a little bite to it).
5. Add your pasta to your serving bowl and pour the sauce over it.