Let's just pretend the Super Bowl didn't happen, shall we (we're a Bronco family... need I say more)? To ease the pain of the so-called "game" that we watched today, I made these adorable little corn dog mini muffins. Normally, I'd make the corn bread mix myself but honestly, I was far too exhausted after our 3 hour hike so I will fully admit that I used the good 'ol boxed corn muffin mix and some Hebrew National hotdogs. If you're going to go down that road and eat hot dogs you might as well eat some that have the most "meat" in them. I've provided you with a recipe that I've used before to make corn bread so I know it'll be good. Hey! The NCAA season is fully underway so make these for your next bball party and you'll DEFINITELY impress your guests! P.S., this recipe will make a LOT so if you're only baking for a few, cut it in half!
What you'll need:
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup cornmeal
2 tbs. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 extra-large eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 350*. Liberally grease a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until there are no lumps.
3. Fill each muffin tin about ¾ the way up. Cut the hotdogs into 6 pieces each. Place one hotdog in the middle of each corn muffin.
4. Bake for 15 minutes (or until golden brown).
5. Let cool and serve with your favorite condiments.