Search

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Pizzette

Last week I went to a potluck for a friends Birthday. I wanted to bring a dessert but there were already too many coming so I had to think quickly. But because it's been so hot outside, that limited my options. I immediately thought of something bite sized and light. Caramelized onion and got cheese pizzette was the PERFECT idea. They're super easy because you obviously use store-bought pizza dough, and caramelizing onions is not difficult at ALL (don't worry, I'll teach you how). They were totally gobbled up in minutes, but I did get to try one... pretty good!!! :) Next time you have people over and want a VERY simple appetizer that I guarantee EVERYONE will LOVE, go with these! Oh, P.S., I'm sorry the final picture isn't better, they were eaten before I got a chance to take a better one :)

What you'll need:
2 large yellow onions
1 package store-bought pizza dough
1 cup crumbled goat cheese
1 tbs. chopped thyme
1 tsp. kosher salt & pepper
1 cup flour
1/4 cup canola oil

1. In a large pan on LOW heat, heat the canola oil. Slice the onions about 1/8 inch thin and add to the pan. Add the salt and pepper. ***THIS IS HOW TO CARAMELIZE*** You're going to stir the onions around on LOW heat for about 40 minutes. I know this seems like a long time, but you'll get the perfectly sweet and light onions.
  
  
2. Preheat the oven to whatever the package of the dough says. On a large board or counter top, flour a rolling pin and the surface. Roll out the dough as thinly as you can and use a SMALL drinking glass with a round lip to cut out the pizzas. 
3. Grease a baking sheet and lay the pizzas about 1 inch apart (they'll expand) and begin topping! Start with the onions and then crumbled goat cheese. Finally, add the chopped fresh thyme. Bake for 8-10 minutes (or whatever it says) and serve immediately!!!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment