Search

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fresh Fruit Popsicles

Every so often, I get emails from my mom and her coworkers requesting that I make yummies for them. Usually, the request comes with the recipe so I don't have to try very hard! This week it was fresh fruit popsicles. I haven't made homemade popsicles probably since I was 5 or 6 so I was excited. A combo of chopped mangos, strawberries, sliced kiwi, blueberries, and pureed watermelon made for the PERFECT summer cool-off treat. Any leftover fruit from a party or that is about to go bad is perfect. Kids will love them, too. And, to make things even better, I took the leftovers and pureed it all together with some triple sec and tequila and made margaritas in mason jars!

What you'll need:
1/2 watermelon
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh mango

1. In a blender, puree the watermelon until it is liquid.
2. Rinse and chop the strawberries and mangos. 
2. To the blender, add the fruit EXCEPT the kiwi.
3. Slip in a slice or two of kiwi to your popsicle holders before you add the fruit and liquid mixture.
4. Add the watermelon and fruit mixture and freeze overnight!

enjoy :)

 To make the margaritas:

1. Take the leftover fruit mixture and puree in a blender. Add triple sec and good white tequila.
2. Pour into mason jars and freeze overnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment