What you'll need (this will make a LOT... enough for about 8 people.)
2 lbs. FRESH sushi grade tuna (don't even bother with frozen)
FRESH (Sushi Grade) TUNA. How gorgeous is that color?!
for the tartare:
Zest and juice from 1 lime
1 tbs. wasabi (or more depending on how spicy you like it)
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pepper
about 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce (or any hot sauce)
1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
2 scallions (the whole thing!)
for the fried wontons:
1 package egg roll papers
2 cups peanut oil
1. Cut the tuna and avocados into 1/4 inch pieces and place in a bowl. Set aside.
Now for the wontons...
1. Heat your peanut oil in a wok or another pot on high (you'll know it's hot enough to fry in when you stick a wooden spoon in the oil and it bubbles).
2. Cut the wontons in half diagonally, then again to make triangles (IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU CUT SLOWLY, AND DO NOT DRAG YOUR KNIFE!!!).
5. Let them cool before you eat them.
Now back to the tuna...
5. After the wontons are ready and the tuna has chilled, place on a platter and serve!