Search

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Roasted Almonds



Is it possible to buy stock in Pinterest? If so, I need to do so ASAP because it is just the ultimate for foodies like me. I'm honestly addicted. I've already planned my entire Thanksgiving dinner, fictitious wedding, and next 10 birthday parties which each include fantastic finger foods. I found this amazing recipe for Pumpkin Pie Almonds from Knead to Cook and I tried to make it last week but nobody would let me. Now that I'm home alone with the dogs and have nobody to get in my way, you better believe this was the first thing I did when I woke up (besides run to 100 markets). The house now smells delightfully like Thanksgiving and, if I must say, these almonds are AMAZING. They're great little snacks and will be an even better appetizer for the big show! What I did differently was a little extra vanilla extract (I can't help it, I love it!), and I used Fleur de Sel (a French Sea Salt) rather than kosher or regular sea salt. Now be gone with you, go make these!



What you'll need:
2 cups raw almonds
3 tsp. of ground cinnamon
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice seasoning (you can find it ANYWHERE right now)
3-4 tbs. organic agave nectar
1 tbs. of vanilla extract
Fleur de Sel (French sea salt)

1. Preheat your oven to 325*. In a large bowl, mix the almonds, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, agave, and vanilla. Make sure every almond is evenly coated with the agave and spices.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (if you can, try to avoid foil for this. The almonds WILL stick to the foil) and lay out the almonds in one single layer. 
3. Dust the sea salt over the almonds and bake for 18-20 minutes.
4. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving!

enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment