Search

Monday, April 22, 2013

Cinnamon Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries

I love french fries. Honestly, I could probably live off of them. Beer battered, crisscut, sweet potato, they're just all delicious! But, sadly it has come to be found that this would not be the healthiest way to live (sad face). Usually we have some sort of a potato Sunday nights when we cook dinner at my moms but the fries in the bag have such a processed taste that I can't stand. So with that said, I started scouring Pinterest for a recipe for sweet potato fries. It's so much healthier to bake them than fry them, anyways. I tried to make some a few weeks ago but totally burned them. I came across a few that looked pretty good so I fiddled with them and came up with this recipe that was so good, there were none left! I would have eaten them all myself but I suppose that would have been rude. 

What you'll need:
3 sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. chipotle sauce (Tabasco makes some)
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. brown sugar (optional but DEFINITELY suggested)

1. Preheat your oven to 400*. Peel and cut your potatoes into strips that are about 1/4 inch thick (you know, the size of fries!). 
 
2. Toss the potatoes in the olive oil, salt, cinnamon, chili powder, chipotle sauce, and pepper. 
 3. Lay the fries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (non-stick spray is just NOT enough here, guys). Bake for 15 minutes, flip, then bake for another 20 minutes more. (if they're still a little mushy, bake for another 5-10 minutes)
4. While they're still hot, toss with the brown sugar and serve immediately!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment