Search

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tips in the Kitchen- DIY Silver Jewelry Cleaning

I've never really been one of those people who is in to "DIY" (Do It Yourself) projects, usually because I fail epically every time. But I've been pretty sick of looking at my cloudy and tarnished silver (I have no idea yet how to clean gold) jewelry in the mirror so I looked for an easy way to do it at home that uses very little (if any) chemicals. I found a few variations of the same recipe and they all seemed pretty easy. They called for a very few select items that everyone will most definitely have in their home. So I experimented, and... voila! My jewelry is looking like it's BRAND SPANKING NEW!!! All it calls for is near boiling water, baking soda, and kosher salt. THAT'S IT and your jewelry will be sparking like the day you got it :)

What you'll need:
1 tbs. kosher salt
1 tbs. baking soda
2 cups near boiling water
1 baking dish
Aluminum foil.

1. Line your baking dish with a single layer of foil. Pour baking soda and salt in the middle.

  
2. Drop in your jewelry and pour the water over it. Watch it sizzle and wait 5 minutes.
3. Rinse in cold water, pat dry, and you're good to go!

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this. Thank you !��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Just tried this cleaner. My silver necklace is CLEAN and looks brand new.

    ReplyDelete