Search

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Healthy Start

As you all know, I've been on a major health kick and diet for the past few months. As a result of some very hard work and dedication, I'm proud to say that I've lost about 50 lbs since September 1st. I feel great, I look great, and I can finally wear jeans without wanting to cry. Yes it was a huge physical change but it was equally a mental one. This was not a diet for me, but a lifestyle change. 

A lot of people have been asking me what I did to drop the weight. I followed a variation of the HCG diet with a doctor (click the link and it'll take you to his page). The process was challenging at times but to see how far I've come and looking at pictures side by side I'd do it again 100 times if I knew how great I'd feel in the end. Now, it is very pricy. But I PROMISE you that it is worth it! If you just can't afford it right now (lets be honest, not many of us can) then follow this guide I've made for you below. THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS are to drink enough water (you should be drinking 3-4 liters EVERY DAY), and to NEVER skip a meal! 

I really hope this helps you all; it should give you a good jump start to get that body, AND MIND, you've always wanted.

Your breakfast should consist of 4-5 ounces EACH of protein and fruit.
Lunch should consist of 4-5 ounces EACH of protein, fruit, and vegetables.
Dinner should consist of NO MORE than 4 ounces EACH of protein and vegetables. 
NOT counted in the 4 ounces is the unlimited foods. Those do NOT count in your meals. They're to be eaten freely to hold you over or as a filler at meal time. Don't go TOO overboard, though! 


YES
Lean protein
Fish (all)
Chicken
Turkey
Turkey bacon
Eggs
80/20 ground beef
Apples
Oranges
All berries
All vegetables
Coffee (TRY TO LIMIT TO 2 CUPS)
Non-fat Greek yogurt (limited)
Vegan aioli
Avocados (1/2 per day)
Hummus (try to limit amount to 2-3 tbs. And only if served with veggies)

NO
Dairy
Butter
Fats
Oils (USE OLIVE OIL/CANOLA OIL SPRAY)
Bananas
Grapes
Pineapple
Carrots (if possible, none. LOTS of sugar)
Soda (unless diet)
Pasta
Bread
Croutons
Flour
Beans
Rice
Mayonnaise
Breadcrumbs (buy PLAIN melba toast and grind in a food processor to make your own)

UNLIMITED
Cucumbers
Peppers (any/all kinds)
Tomatoes
Red onion/shallots
Lettuces
Cabbage
Garlic
Herbs
Salt/pepper/seasonings
Any ZERO calorie dressings (Walden farms)
Water
Sparkling/flavored water (as long as zero calories)
Tea


No comments:

Post a Comment