Search

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Parmesan Crisps

I've shared with you my recipe for the most incredible Caesar Dressing in the whole wide world. Well, along with that salad I made croutons which are always a classic choice. But sometimes I just don't want the carbs and the task of making them (believe me, after making your own croutons the store bought kind just aren't the same). These parmesan crisps are super easy and really, really tasty. I've served them along with pasta, or broken up in a salad, or just as a quick snack when I need a jolt of salt before I pass out or devour a bag of chips or jar of peanut butter. If you're ambitious enough to shred your own parmesan cheese (the wedges are pretty pricy if you buy a good quality so that's why I stay away from this unless it's a super, special occasion) with a box grater or a food processor then knock yourself out. OR, you can be lazy and happy and buy from the market. If you're going to go that route, make sure you buy a good quality kind. Either way, this is a great, healthier alternative to croutons and steps up any pasta dish from a yummy to a WOW BUDDY! Your cheese lovers with certainly enjoy this (*coughDanielcough*) and they can be store in the fridge for a few days for sporadic use.

1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Parchment paper (or cooking spray)

1. Preheat your oven to 400*. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray (or line it with parchment paper if you have) and make 2 tbs. mounds scattered all over the baking sheet. Pat them down and spread just a LITTLE bit because they'll spread on their own.
2. Bake for 6-7 minutes (WATCH THEM SO THEY DON'T BURN!!!) and let cool before removing. Use a metal spatula and serve!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment