Search

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Rosemary Croutons

I am the type of person who can eat the same meal every day for a week without getting sick of it. Then, I'll hit a wall!!! I've been on a healthy kick and have tried adding more salads into my daily regiment but I was SICK AND TIRED of the same salads every day, and store bought croutons are pretty yucky. Naturally, I decided to make my own croutons! I went to the market and used day-old bread (no, that doesn't mean it went bad, it just means that it's a little crunchy, which I LOVEEE, and it's a fraction of the price!!!). They're crunchy on the outside, and bursting with flavor on the inside!
What you'll need:
GOOD french bread/sour dough/ rosemary bread
2 tbs. Earth Balance (vegan soy butter)
1 tsp. chopped rosemary
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
Larget bowl for mixing

1. Chop the bread into bit size pieces (if you like your croutons crunchy, you can use the crust of the bred, as well as the inside pieces) and place into the large bowl.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and pour over the bread. Mix well.
3. Add the rosemary, salt, and pepper, and mix very well.

4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat (WITH NO OIL OR BUTTER! THERE IS BUTTER IN THE MIXTURE!, and flip the bread pieces once they turn golden brown.
5. Drain onto a plate lined with paper towels, wait about 10 minutes for them too cool, then serve!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment