I spent the better part of the last week sick in bed. So when it came to Saturday night “Date Night,” I was definitely not in the mood to cook a glamorous, gigantic meal. Daniel’s stomach, on the other hand, was in the mood. So for the main course, I stuck with “The Lamb,” and I tried to be creative with an appetizer that could fill his belly and not kill me while cooking. So I came upon a great little recipe for Zucchini Pizzas. I have oven used zucchini in lasagna as a substitute for the pasta. They were pretty good and very easy to make! P.S., sorry for the low-quality of the pictures. I didn't feel well enough to mess around and make them look pretty. But the food was still great :)
What you’ll need for the zucchini pizza
2 small zucchini
2 tbs. Olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 block of part skim mozzarella
1. Cut zucchini on the diagonal to make 2 inch long pieces (if you are using a large zucchini, just cut circles that are about ½ inch thick.
2. Brush both sides of the zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill zucchini for about 2-3 minutes per side (if you don’t have a grill pan, broil in the oven for a few minutes, flip over, and broil again).
4. Place zucchini on a baking sheet, and spoon about 1 tsp. pasta sauce on each, and top with a slice of mozzarella.
5. Broil in the oven for about 3-4 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted
***MAKE SURE YOU KEEP AN EYE ON ANYTHING THAT YOU PUT UNDER THE BROILER. THEY WILL BURN FAST!!!***