Search

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Parmesan Zucchini Circles


So lunch today was a little difficult. I had no idea what direction to go in for lunch. I was sorta hungry, but not hungry enough for a full meal, and nothing really sounded yummy. So, of course, I turned to my new obsession, Pinterest, to look for a new recipe for something healthy and satisfying. I landed upon this website called Clean Eating, and found this AMAZING recipe for parmesan zucchini circles. And, as it just so happens, I just purchased a GORGEOUS zucchini from Whole Foods that I didn't want to go bad. All I can say is that within minutes, the zucchini circles were all gobbled up!!!

What you'll need:
1/4 cup PLAIN bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. dried oregano (try herbs de provence, too!)
1 egg white
2 tbs. water
1 zucchini cut into 1/4 inch circles (leave the skin on!)

1. Preheat oven to 425*
2. In one bowl, mix the brad crumbs, parmesan cheese, pepper, onion powder, and oregano.

3. In a second bowl, whisk together the egg whites and water.
4. Slice 1 zucchini into as many 1/4 inch circles as you can, leaving the skin ON!

5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spray with cooking spray, or line with tin foil (whichever floats your boat).
5. Dip the Circles into the egg whites, then coat with the bread crumb/parmesan mixture.

6. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping them over half way thru.

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment