Search

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

My mother has re-named me "Typhoid Mary" because I have gotten everyone around me sick :( I guess that's the price you pay when you spend your days teaching preschool. To try and make it up to her, I made her a Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread! The smell of Pumpkin Bread in the oven is the quintessential smell of the season and makes anyone feel cozy. I found this recipe on an AMAZING vegan blog, Hell Yeah It's Vegan that has INCREDIBLE recipes that are both vegan, yummy, and healthy!!! To make it my own, I had to add in the chocolate chips, duh!!!

This is what you'll need:

1 loaf pan
1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
1 cup dark brown sugar

1 tsp. baking soda

½ tsp. baking powder

½ tsp. salt

½ tsp. nutmeg

½ tsp. cinnamon 
¼ tsp. cloves

***if you have pumpkin pie seasoning, it has all of these in it and you can use that instead!***


1 cup pumpkin puree 

½ cup vegetable or canola oil

3 tbs. maple syrup

3 tbs. water
1 cup chocolate chips (ok, you don't really need THAT many but I love chocolate :))

1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Spray/flour the loaf pan so the bread doesn't stick.
3. In 1 bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
4. In another bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, syrup, and water. 
5. In a large standing mixer (I still don't have one :() slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry.
***it will be very liquidy, that's ok!!!***
6. Add mixture to loaf pan and place in oven.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes, checking at 40 minutes with a tooth pick to make sure its cooking all of the way through.

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment