Search

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nicoise Dressing

Ok, when my mom and I took our Julia Child cooking class in March, we made this nicoise dressing and basically, all I can say about it is that it is ADDICTING!!! I've sort of wanted it on EVERY single salad since then (sometimes I'll have a Caesar Salad if I'm in the mood). Well, pretty much everything we made that day was addicting but that was largely in part to the vast amounts of butter and bacon in everything. But this dressing is very simple with shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings. For some reason, when I kept it in my fridge it would get thick and sorta lumpy but I guess that's because of the olive oil (it doesn't do well in the fridge?). All I did was remove it from the fridge for about 5 minutes before serving and it was PERFECT! The only thing I did different from Mrs. Child was that I used the juice from a whole lemon because I love lemons and used one TABLEspoon of dijon. You can stick to her recipe (juice from 1/2 lemon, and one TEAspoon of dijon) if you'd like. Served over a nice simple bed of baby lettuce and some croutons. Oh, and I'm storing mine in a mason jar to make it that much easier to make and store.

What you'll need:
1 small shallot, minced
1 tbs. Dijon mustard 
Juice of 1 lemon 
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt 
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Baby lettuce mix

1. If you're making this in a mason jar or in a tupperware container, place all contents in the jar and just SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE until fully combined.
2. Before serving, give a good shake again. Remember, a little bit of this will go a LONG way!

enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment