Search

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bon Appétit!

Mommy & I
This weekend, my mom and I took a Julia Child theme cooking class at EATZ LA. There really are few words to describe how incredible it was. I absolutely LOVED the movie Julie & Julia and felt as though I was sort of living it by taking this class. The closest I've ever been to taking a cooking class was watching 6 hours straight of the Food Network. I have always been pretty intimidated by taking a professional cooking class, especially by someone so wonderful as Julia. Her dishes are classic and I had never made a French dish before besides green beans. But I was so excited to give it a try. We made all of the Julia classics: beef bourguignon, chocolate roulades, quiche Lorraine, a French omelet, and salad nicoise. This was truly one of the most incredible experiences of my life (and, best part, we were able to take home all of the leftovers!!!) I learned so much about the simple basics of cooking. Do you know the proper way to hold a knife while chopping and mincing? Do you know why a French omelet is different than an American omelet (yup, there's a difference!!!) OH, and the best part?! There was bacon in almost EVERYTHING!!! Over the next few days, I'll share with you the recipes for each of the dishes we cooked, of course giving all credit to the wonderful Julia Child. 
French Omelet
Salad Nicoise
Beef Bourguignon
Quiche Lorraine
Chocolate Roulades

No comments:

Post a Comment