Search

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Grilled Balsamic Glazed Carrots

Well, summer is coming and that means it's time to break out the grill, the spring veggies, and start eating some yummies!!! No more heavy soups or pastas (ok lets be honest, I can never part with pasta) to make us feel lethargic as its getting much hotter out. Anyways, I have to say that over the past few years, I've become a much better vegetable eater. I like them grilled, roasted, fried, baked, just about any way there is to eat a vegetable. BUT, I HATE steamed vegetables. I feel like it takes ALL the flavor out and makes me feel like a 90 year old woman when I eat them. This goes especially for carrots. There is really nothing more disgusting than steamed carrots. I'm not a baby. I have all me teeth! Give me something crunchy! Now that we are able to start grilling outside at night, I've had to start becoming more creative with my side dishes because, like I said before, heavy soups and pastas just won't do anymore. So last weekend I decided to drizzle some balsamic glaze, salt, pepper, and olive oil on some beautiful white and orange carrots (the big kind, the Bugs Bunny kind!) and grill them. The heat of the grill beautifully caramelizes the balsamic glaze and creates a lovely crust on the carrots. If you have picky eaters, they might love this. I promise, it sure beats steamed carrots!

What you'll need:
1 large bunch multi colored carrots, cut in half lengthwise
2 tbs. balsamic glaze
2 tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pepper

1. Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Peel and rinse your carrots. Dry them well so the balsamic sticks to them.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the carrots, olive oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper. Let it marinate for about 30 minutes before grilling.
3. Grill for about 5 minutes per side (or until JUST tender and crunchy).
4. Serve immediately
enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment