Search

Monday, August 26, 2013

The Day After...

This weekend my two oldest girlfriends and I took a cooking class at eatzLA, this fabulous little cooking school in LA. It's the same place my mom and I took the Julia Child cooking class a few months ago. The theme of the course was "The Day After..." so, essentially, a good hangover brunch menu. Actually, it's just as delicious even if you're not hung over. The menu included a spinach and sun-dried tomato fritata, potatoes O'Brien, crepes Suzette, and eggs Benedict. It was one of the most fun-filled 3 hours I've ever spent. If you ever get a chance to attend a cooking class, no matter the theme, I strongly suggest you try it. Not only is it entertaining and a great way to meet people, but you learn so much about food and cooking that you never thought mattered (did you know how to properly peel garlic cloves off of the head? Me either!), and your knife skills. Here are some pictures of our fabulous girls day :) OH, P.S., give me a few days and I'll give you the recipes for each item!

the menu

did I forget to mention bottomless mimosas and bloody Marys?

mincing is not as hard as it seems! 
spinach, basin, sun-dried tomatoes, and asiago fritata 
 

crepes Suzette
need I say more?

1 comment: