Search

Monday, May 27, 2013

Top Five

This week seemed like one of the longest weeks ever. Now that the school year is coming to an end (don't forget I have a day job as a Preschool teacher), everyone is just itching for summer vacation. The three day Memorial Day weekend is making it that much more difficult to focus these next two weeks before we officially ring in the summer. We've been on a cultural kick and this weekend we went to the Getty Villa in Malibu which has some of the more exquisite gardens and views I've ever seen. From there we went to dinner at Paradise Cove, a small little private beach down at the other end of Malibu which is one of my favorite places because you eat outside, take off your shoes, and dig your tootsies right into the sand. A cold drink and a heaping bowl of calamari and french fries and you're good to go. I also had to make a stop at Sprinkles Cupcakes because El just dies over their mocha cupcakes. BTW, did you know you're NEVER supposed to refrigerate their cupcakes? You learn something new every day. Anyways, here are a few of my favorite things from the week that are keeping my eyes on the prize...
salt & pepper bowls my roommate found that I'm dying over 
green beans grown in my mom's garden
an umbrella in a drink makes it that much more fun to drink
Mecca aka Sprinkles Cupcakes
almost peach season
Enjoy your long weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment