Search

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Strawberry Festival

Last week I was listening to the radio and I heard an ad for the California Strawberry Festival coming up that weekend. I had an immediate flashback to my childhood and frantically called Daniel DEMANDING that he take me. I had been once before but probably 18 years ago. I wasn't even 10 at the time and all I wanted to do was ride the rides, get my face painted, and eat all the strawberry shortcake I could get my hands on. This time, there were local farms selling their fresh produce, great restaurants making strawberry EVERYTHING, strawberry wine (which was just WAY too sweet for me), live music, and lots of sun. Outside of the main festival there were stands of local vendors selling their products (olive oils, salts, etc.). I, unfortunately, forgot to wear sunscreen so I came home with a horrible sunburn on my shoulders. But, it's turned into a nice golden tan so I can't be too upset. I bought far too many strawberries so I have a huge bag cut up and frozen in my freezer just waiting to be turned into a smoothie! 
strawberry pizza
about 3 bites and I wanted to pass out
strawberry wine
garlic fries
local olive oil makers
salt salt salt
even more salt

sushi maker
Belgian chocolate covered Strawberries
we had fun :)



No comments:

Post a Comment