Search

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Garlic Cheese Bread

I love garlic bread. Whenever I go out to dinner, I'm a little embarrassed to say that I get a little excited if they bring the bread basket and it's not just plain bread. Every Italian restaurant has great garlic bread, or an herb bread, or an herb cheese bread and I just love them. Years ago I came up with this version of garlic bread one day when all I knew how to make was plain spaghetti with parmesan cheese and I needed something else along with my pasta. It's so easy to make, really hard to mess up, and kids will love it, too. I've tried making it with vegan cheese but vegan cheese doesn't melt as well as it burns so I try to stick to the good old parmesan cheese. I do, however, use vegan butter because I had it in my fridge and tasted just fine. You can use any bread you'd like but I prefer ciabatta because the outside gets really, really crunchy and the inside of the bread stays nice and soft. But really, any bread will do just fine. If you want to get fancy and add some fresh herbs you certainly may. But hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

What you'll need:
1 large loaf of ciabatta bread
2 tbs. vegan butter
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. Lawry's garlic salt

1. Preheat your oven to 400*. Slice your ciabatta in half and spread the butter on both the top and bottom.
2. Mix together the cheese and the garlic salt and sprinkle it over the bread. Lay the bread on a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble and the edges of the bread turn golden brown.
3. Slice and serve along side your favorite pasta.

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment