Search

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Slow Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

Ok so you all know my obsession with Soy Vey marinade. Well, I am also a little obsessed with my slow cooker. As I've stated before, I definitely used to judge people that used them. However, it is the greatest appliance in my kitchen. What's so great about it is that, unlike the oven, it will not heat up the room as it cooks! So, you can DEFINITELY use it during the summer! One great dish I came up with was Hawaiian BBQ chicken in the slow cooker. Chicken breasts, pineapple, and the marinade. Low for 8 hours. Boom, there you go! I served it over some brown rice and it was simply delicious!!!

What you'll need:
2-4 chicken breasts (depending on how many you're serving
1 cup chopped pineapples (I used the frozen from Trader Joe's)
1/2 bottle Soy Vey (or any Hawaiian BBQ) marinade
Instant brown rice

1. Place chicken, pineapple, and marinade in the slow cooker. Cover, and cook on high for 8 hours.
2. Follow instructions on brown rice package, shred chicken, and spoon over the rice. Serve with a veggie stir fry.

enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Omg! Made this for dinner tonight! I added 10 dried apricots to the mix. House smells divine. Can't wait to eat. Thank you,
    Carlye

    ReplyDelete