Search

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Strawberry-Pineapple-Banana Smoothie

If you can believe it, I am sometimes not too great at time management, especially when it comes to making breakfast. I spend all of my time making my lunch and only have about 3 or 4 minutes left to make a good breakfast. What I've come to love are smoothies. Not like Jamba Juice with their sherbet and ICE (*GASP!!!*) in their smoothies. No no, my friends. Mine is ALL fruit and juice. Never anything to concentrate it. My signature one which my brother, boyfriend, and everyone else around absolutely love is strawberry and banana. And, as I told you guys before, my sisters are getting their wisdom teeth out this weekend. Only one is here in LA so I knew I'd be making a few batches. Now, listen to me: there is NOTHING wrong with using frozen fruit!!! I actually chop my bananas up the day after I buy them and freeze them specifically for these smoothies. When fruit is frozen, it is as it's peak of freshness. If you want, you can buy all of your fruit fresh and freeze it. I'm a bit too lazy so I just buy the strawberries and pineapple frozen. Either way, this way of making smoothies is dimply delicious. Oh, and a straw makes any drink that much better :).

What you'll need (to make 2 full 8 oz. cups of smoothes):
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen bananas
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1 cup FRESH fruit juice

1. Place all of your ingredients in a blender. Cover, and blend until perfectly smooth. ***IF YOUR BLENDER GETS STUCK, IT MEANS IT NEEDS MORE LIQUID! SO, ADD MORE JUICE.***
2. Pour into a glass with a fun straw and serve immediately.

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment