Search

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Naughty Mashed Potatoes

Very few things are as yummy as mashed potatoes. I am usually known for my roasted garlic mashed potatoes but this week I wanted to be a bit naughty. When my dad makes twice baked potatoes, he usually mixes some cream cheese in there. It makes them so deliciously thick and decadent, I thought I'd take a page out of his book and make these mashed potatoes a bit naughty. Cream cheese, sour cream, and you've got a FABULOUS side dish that EVERYONE (including the kids!!!) will absolutely LOVE!!! P.S., I made them vegan for my mom and she just about passed out because they were so good! SO believe me, these are just as good as they look!!!

What you'll need:
1 bag gold potatoes, peeled
1 8oz. package light cream cheese
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
Kosher salt & pepper

1. Peel, chop, and boil your potatoes. Once they're fork tender, strain and return to pot.
2. Use and electric hand mixer to mash the potatoes. When they're JUST ABOUT ready, add the sour cream, salt, pepper, and cream cheese and finish mixing. Top with some chopped green onions and you're ready to serve!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment