Search

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tips in the Kitchen: KitchenAid Hand Mixer

I bet you didn't know hoe versatile some of your kitchen appliances really are, huh? Well, prepare to be amazed!
I have always loved mashed potatoes. There is something so decadent and comforting about them. This weekend, two of my four sisters had their wisdom teeth out (I know, right?!). Unfortunately, one sister lives in Denver so I couldn't take care of her. However, one of my sisters decided to move back in with us for the weekend so we could nurse her back to health.
As per usual, I had to make a fabulous Shabbat dinner on Friday night, and I didn't want her to feel left out. I knew mashed potatoes would fit in perfectly (with rack of lamb), but I was worried that they'd be difficult for her to swallow because they are usually pretty chunky. The key to PERFECTLY smooth mashed potatoes is to use a hand mixer to mash them instead of a regular masher. Not only is is super super quick, but you just pop all of the ingredients in the pot after the potatoes are nice and cooked, turn the mixer on, and in seconds you have wonderfully smooth mashed potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment