Search

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Homemade Lemonade

I don't know much about gardening but what I do know is that our lemon tree is in full bloom and taking over. The weather has been so warm here in LA that I wanted something a little more refreshing than water so I thought LEMONADE! My brother and boyfriend made fun of me for making lemonade saying that it's no difficult task so you know what? They don't get any!!! (Jane, my lovely step mom, was the only supportive one so she may have some) And if I do say so myself, this was 100 times better than any frozen store-bought lemonade. I also don't like super sweet lemonade so I used a larger lemon to water ratio than other lemonades, especially the frozen kind. I usually put about 3 whole lemons in my water so it's really not a problem for me. But to make it special (and healthier) I used organic blue agave nectar (almost any market will have this now, I know Trader Joe's definitely does) instead of all of the sugar. WOW. I don't want to ruin it for you, so please, go make it now! If you need lemons, come take some from us. Please do NOT break my heart and use bottled lemon juice; it's just NOT the same!!!!! I also thought it was cute to store it in a large mason jar because it keeps it rustic yet chic (look at me getting all fancy!).

What you'll need:
1 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (juice of about 8 lemons)
5 cups water
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbs. agave nectar 

1. Cut your lemons in half and juice them using an electric juicer (if you don't have you, you can do it by hand. Just make sure to watch for runaway seeds!) Next, pour the lemon juice into a large container with the water and give it a good stir.
2. Add the sugar and agave nectar and combine thoroughly. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment