Search

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Roasted Garlic Potatoes


A few posts ago, I taught you the way I like to roast garlic. While there are many techniques, I love mine :). In that post, I offered you some great food options that would pair up with the garlic beautifully. One of those options is potatoes. I love pretty much every single form of a potatoes; fried, baked, roasted, it's all good to me!!! When I roast them, I almost always stick to just rosemary. But for Passover this year, I wanted to jazz it up. I know, I know. I always tell you guys to NEVER try new recipes on big holidays but I sorta knew this would be delish :). I believe, just like with garlic, there is never enough rosemary. Please don't waste your money on buying it. Go outside and you'll find some growing somewhere. Cut a whole bunch and leave it in a glass of water so it stays fresh. Roasted garlic rosemary potatoes is an absolutely beautiful (both visually and foodily. And yes, that's a word) side dish to try with fish, chicken, or any other form of protein!

NOTE: There are no specific measurements for this meal. Go based on how many people you will be feeding. Each person will usually have about 1/4-1/2 cup (once they're cut in half).

What you'll need:
Fingerling potatoes (if they're big, cut them in half)
2-3 tbs. FRESH rosemary
Roasted garlic
1/2 tbs. Salt & pepper
2-3 tbs. Olive oil

1. Preheat your oven to 375* (the universal temperature. If you're ever not sure what to bake something at, go with 375*).
2. Cut your rosemary and chop as finely as you can get it (yes, it tastes great, but chunks of it aren't too appealing to everyone).
My Grandma. Isn't she FABULOUS?!
2. Rinse and cut your potatoes in half (if they're still too big, cut in thirds).
3. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped rosemary and toss again.
4. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (check to make sure they're not burning (no need to grease your pan, there's enough olive oil on the potatoes to keep them from sticking).
5. Remove from the oven and IMMEDIATELY toss in the roasted garlic (the heat from the potatoes will bring out the amazing flavor and scent of the garlic!)
6. Top with a little more rosemary and serve!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment