Search

Friday, June 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Cups with Coffee Ice Cream


There is no other way to begin telling you about this recipe other than that I'm absolutely crazy. It was incredibly time consuming but the outcome was so divine that I'm totally drooling all over my computer right now. I had a request from someone at my mom's office to make these and I wasn't quite sure what I had gotten myself into. I skimmed through Pinterest to try and find an easy way to make them but that wasn't going to happen. But, who doesn't like a Reece's Peanut butter cup!? And what makes almost anything better (other than more chocolate)? Coffee ice cream!!! Oh yes, my friends. I went there. I couldn't say no!!! These are homemade dark chocolate cups filled with coffee ice cream and a big old dollop of peanut butter. They are INCREDIBLY rich but oh my gosh they're so good!!! Next time you're entertaining, they make a FABULOUS dessert (and they're made a day in advance so you won't have to worry the day of!). You can certainly change the flavors around, like maybe using mint chip ice cream or just some vanilla. Enjoy the culinary adventure that is Coffee and Peanut butter Ice Cream Cups!!!

What you'll need:

24 cupcake tins
1 large container coffee ice cream
About 4 large bars of DARK chocolate (maybe more if you need)
1 jar creamy peanut butter
Cooking spray

1. Line 2 cupcake pans with tins and spray the inside of each with the cooking spray, quite liberally.
2. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, constantly stirring with a wooden spoon (remember, wooden spoons don't transfer heat the way metal do).
 
3. Using a pastry brush, paint the inside of each tin with the chocolate (about 2 layers is fine). Freeze for AT LEAST 2 hours (longer would be better). Set aside any extra chocolate to seal the tops.
4. After a few hours, place a spoonful of peanut butter in the bottom of each cup and top with 1 scoop of the ice cream. Freeze again for a few hours.
5. After a few hours, again, top with the remaining chocolate (you may need to use a VERY sharp knife to even off the tops. If the chocolate hardens, melt over the double boiler again. Let sit in the freezer overnight. Serve immediately!

enjoy :)
a happy eater :)


1 lb. dark chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment