Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Steak Salad with Gorgonzola and Candied Pecans
What you'll need
1 piece of leftover steak (mine was from the night before, marinated in Soy Vay)
1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup candied pecans (please just buy them from the store, they're quite messy to do yourself)
1 cup arugula
1 tbs. Soy Vay marinade
1 tbs. balsamic vinaigrette
1. Rinse and drain your lettuce (you don't want to bite into some dirt) especially if it's organic, and place in a bowl for serving.
2. To the bowl, add some candied nuts (break them up a little bit) and crumbled cheese.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the Soy Vay marinade an the balsamic vinegar.
4. Slice your steak into bite size pieces (I used leftover steak that was marinated in the Soy Vay but you can certainly use any other meat. Chicken would be great, too!)
5. Toss everything together and serve immediately!