Search

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Steak Salad with Gorgonzola and Candied Pecans

I love salads. First of all, you can add virtually anything you want into them. But they need to be exciting. One of the things I hate most is a dinner salad at a restaruant. They're SO boring. The key to a good salad though is ease. If you spend hours making something you'll never get to enjoy it. Keep it simple with just a few (three, tops!!!) ingredients besides the lettuce and protein. What I have found to make them better is some crumbled cheese and nuts. Pine nuts, walnuts, pecans, peanuts,  any nut will do depending on the theme of the dish. I was quite frazzled this morning when I was making my lunch so I threw into a bowl some arugula (which is a very bitter lettuce), and steak. To jazz it up I grabbed all of my various crumbled cheeses out of the fridge (I'm a little bit addicted to cheese) and picked gorgonzola because it has a fabulous tang that goes well with the subtleness of the steak. Threw in some candied pecans, a soy yaki/balsamic salad dressing and I had myself a very EASY, very delicious lunch :)

What you'll need
1 piece of leftover steak (mine was from the night before, marinated in Soy Vay)
1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1/4 cup candied pecans (please just buy them from the store, they're quite messy to do yourself)
1 cup arugula
1 tbs. Soy Vay marinade
1 tbs. balsamic vinaigrette

1. Rinse and drain your lettuce (you don't want to bite into some dirt) especially if it's organic, and place in a bowl for serving.
2. To the bowl, add some candied nuts (break them up a little bit) and crumbled cheese.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the Soy Vay marinade an the balsamic vinegar.
4. Slice your steak into bite size pieces (I used leftover steak that was marinated in the Soy Vay but you can certainly use any other meat. Chicken would be great, too!)
5. Toss everything together and serve immediately!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment