Search

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Buttercream Frosting


I can't remember if I have already told you all what I do (besides this blog!). I am a preschool teacher, which means I need to amp up my creativity and funness! This week is dinosaur week. Now, for a girl who loves to bake what is more perfect?! Dinosaur cookies!!! Of course I had to have three different colors of buttercream frosting. But I quickly realized that there was NO way I would serve these kids the frosting from the grocery store isles that aren't even refrigerated. So I whipped up a batch of my homemade buttercream frosting. It is very light and fluffy and simply delicious! The recipes does call for heavy cream which you can substitute for nondairy creamer but its frosting. It won't be good for you regardless. So just go for it!!! Use this recipe for icing cookies, cupcakes, cakes, anything you want! Your tummies will be very pleased :) As you can see, we made dinosaur cookies, so that is what you'll get to see!

What you'll need (and this makes a good amount!):
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 tbs. heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract

1. In a standing mixer with a whisk paddle, blend together the butter and powdered sugar, one cup at a time (of the sugar. Or else, you will wear the sugar... like I did...). Mix on low speed for about 1 minute.
2. Once the sugar and butter are starting to come together, mix on medium-high for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the heavy cream and vanilla. Taste (the best part!!!) and see if it needs more powdered sugar (it might).

4. Leave at room temperature and decorate away!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment