Wednesday, May 16, 2012
What you'll need:
4 cups FRESH basil
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tbs. toasted pine nuts
3 tbs. freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2- 2 tbs. garlic aioli (or mayo!)
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Start off by adding your garlic to the food processor first and grind until fully chopped (you want to get the garlic as small as possible because nobody likes biting into a chunk of raw garlic).
2. Add the basil leaves and blend until all the way chopped.
3. Add the salt, pepper, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese and pulse until the pine nuts are blended well.
4. Stream in your olive oil. Once almost fully incorporated, add the aioli and pulse until mixed together and little chunks of the pine nuts are left.
5. Serve over pasta, on a sandwich, as a dip, whatever you want!!!