Search

Monday, May 28, 2012

Rainbow Fruit Skewers


With all of this free time this weekend, I decided to cook for a small army. I made potato salad, two cole slaws (one vegan for Mama), chocolate chip cookie mousse cake, and brisket sliders. We had so much beautiful fruit in the house I figured I'd use it somehow. What's better than food on a stick!? Fruit skewers! There really isn't much to this recipe. It's an amazingly fun dish to serve with dinner, lunch, or drizzle some chocolate and whipped cream over it for dessert (OoOoO I think I just might do that tonight!). AND, serve these on a white platter! As I told you in Tips in the Kitchen: WHITE, everything looks better serve on white. The colors of the fruit will POP like no tomorrow and there won't be any left!!! Don't forget your rainbow order: Roy G. Biv!!!

You can use whatever fruits you want but I used (this made enough for about 20 skewers. assume everyone will have 3):
1 cup strawberries
1 cup cantaloupe
1 cup pineapple
1/2 cup green grapes
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup red grapes

1. WASH YOUR FRUIT!!!
2. Cut the cantaloupe and pineapple into bite size pieces (not TOO small, about the size of a quarter, maybe a tiny bit bigger).
3. Slice the tops off of the strawberries (if they're too big, slice them in half or quarters, as long as they're about the same size of the cantaloupe and pineapple).
3. Assemble your skewers! Remember, rainbow order!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment