rainbow fruit skewers, I had lots of leftover strawberries. I could have made a fruit salad or baked a strawberry something or other, but I felt like being fancy (that and I had a ton of time and nothing to do. Who would complain about that?! I guess I do...). Of course that means chocolate! And what is more decadent and special than chocolate covered strawberries? I also had some BBQ skewers leftover so I used them to help dip the strawberries. WOW... What a difference! I have dipped other things in chocolate and it has made such a nasty mess. These keep them clean and let the excess chocolate drip off so they're lightly, yet perfectly, coated. Now this is my first attempt at making them all by myself so please forgive me if the photos and the appearance isn't fabulous. But as long as it tastes good, that's all that matters, right? Dip in chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate for a lovely and special dessert treat!
What you'll need:
1 container large strawberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tbs. heavy cream, plus an extra 1 1/2 tbs.
Cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
1. Wash your strawberries and let dry completely. Separate your semisweet chocolate chips from your white chocolate chips in two glass bowls.
2. In a small pot, simmer about 1 inch of water (this will create a double boiler to melt the chocolate without burning it).
3. In one heatproof bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips and the 3 tbs. heavy cream, constantly stirring with a wood spoon. It is VERY important that the water in the pot does NOT touch the bottom of the bowl. If it does, THE CHOCOLATE WILL BURN!!! (if the chocolate seems to thick, add a little more heavy cream)
4. Once melted, remove from heat. Dip the strawberries in and place on the parchment paper to let cool.
5. While the strawberries are cooling, melt the white chocolate over a double boiler with 1 1/2 tbs. heavy cream (again, if the chocolate seems to thick, add a little more heavy cream).
6. After the white chocolate has melted, take a small spoon, and drizzle over the strawberries (it's fine if they're not perfect, it'll look better if it's not perfect!).
7. Refrigerate for a few hours, place on a pretty, WHITE, platter and serve!!!