Search

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sliders

So I am pretty comfortable with cooking just about anything. However, I must admit that I am pretty afraid of the grill. I like my meat pretty rare, but, sadly, I have found that that is pretty uncommon when I cook for others. Well, I decided to try and tackle meat for dinner the other night but I didn’t want to make it too difficult on myself. And if I even dared to mess up, Daniel would never let me forget so I had to make sure the meal was up to par. I picked sliders because they’re not only really good, but they’re pretty cute (obviously, our food needs to LOOK as good as it’s going to taste!). Insert pat-on-the-back here. These were PRETTY good if I do say so myself! Unlike many of my other meals, I kept them simple. But, I had to add a little bit of my fancy touch… I put the cheese on the INSIDE of the sliders (don't worry, I'll explain EXACTLY how I did it)! This added for a very pleasant surprise! Of course I had to use goat cheese and it was ooey and gooey and just wonderful. Your choice of condiments and accoutrements (grilled onions, avocados, and garlic aioli is what I used) will make them absolutely delicious! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!!!

What you'll need:
1 lb. ORGANIC ground beef (85/15)
1 tbs. garlic aioli (if you don't have, use nonfat Greek yogurt)
1 tbs. minced garlic
1 tsp. garlic salt
Kosher salt & pepper
Your choice of cheese (definitely something that melts well)

1. In a large bowl, use a fork (this will keep the meat from being overworked and getting tough) to mix together the aioli, garlic, garlic salt, pepper, and beef. 
2. For each burger, make two patties the size (and thickness) of quarters. In between each patty, put about 1/2 tbs. of your cheese and seal them together (run your fingers around the edges and roll them a little bit to make sure they're secure).
3. Heat your grill (or in my case, a grill pan) to medium-high heat and grill for about 5 minutes per side (if the patties start to separate DON'T worry!!! Mine did and they still tasted heavenly!).
4. Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving. While resting, dress your buns with your toppings.

enjoy!

Daniel liked them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment