Search

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Carlye's Cobb Salad

I have always had a problem with Cobb Salad. I had judged it and the people who ate it. I wish I could tell you why, but I have no idea. But, I finally tried it for the first time about 4 months ago and I've been obsessed ever since. Bacon, cheese, avocado, what's not to love? Well, for me, what's not to love is the hardboiled eggs and tomatoes. YUCKY!!! So here is my eggless, tomato-less version of a Cobb salad. Go ahead, make fun. But, my tummy is always happy after I eat this version! I use fat free ranch and low-sodium bacon so I don't feel as guilty. But, it's still quite satisfying!

What you'll need:
1 head romaine lettuce
2 strips low-sodium bacon
1/2 avocado, chopped
2 slices oven-roasted turkey, chopped
1 small handful crumbled bleu cheese
1 tbs. fat-free ranch dressing

1. Heat a greased pan and cook your bacon (you can use turkey bacon but it's just NOT the same!). Once fully cooked on both sides, let cool and drain on a paper towel.
2. While the bacon is cooling, rinse and slide your lettuce. Place it in a bowl with the avocados, turkey, and bleu cheese.
3. After the bacon has cooled, chop and add to the bowl. Top with the fat-free ranch and toss.

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment