Search

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Spaghetti with Black Truffle Sea Salt

Like I said in my past post, I have been feeling pretty lazy lately. I made a big pot of spaghetti Sunday night and dressed a few different tupperware containers for my lunches that week with various sauces and veggies. But Sunday night I was feeling a little bit lethargic. I didn't want a heavy sauce so I was just going to go with the good old parmesan and olive oil. Simple yet always satisfying. But it needed a little something else. BOOM! Black Truffle Sea Salt!!! Now, sea salt is more coarse than table salt so it gives an extra bite. While in Boulder visiting my sister, I always visit this great little shop called Savory. I picked up this great black truffle sea salt that is absolutely DEVINE!!! Just the tiniest bit goes a very long way. It gives a plain dish that extra something else that keeps your taste buds going WILD! Now, I know truffles are expensive (and by expensive I mean like $5,000/ounce or something ridiculous like that) so that is why I use the salts and oils. They taste great and have that perfect hint of truffles without overdoing it. Now, I only used the basil as a garnish. Don't chop it up and mix it inside, that'll be WAY too many flavors going on and your mouth might explode. Anyways, you don't have to use the truffle salt (lavender salt would be great here, too).but any salt with an exotic or unusual flavor, and it will make any plain meal POP! Be exciting, take chances! Your tummy wants to be excited! And this meal will definitely do that!

What you'll need (this WHOLE list is meant for about 4-6 portions so divide ingredients accordingly):
1 lb. whole wheat spaghetti
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp. black truffle sea salt
2 tbs. olive oil
Basil (for garnish)

1. Cook your pasta according to the directions on the box. When finished cooking, thoroughly mix in the olive oil, coating every piece of pasta. 
2. Mix in about 1/2 of the parmesan cheese to the pasta in the pot.
3. Finally, portion out your pasta into deep bowls and sprinkle with the truffle salt and remaining parmesan cheese.
4. Top with some basil leaves for garnish and serve immediately!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment