Search

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Avocado Chicken Salad

I rarely have time to make my lunches in the morning so if we have any sort of chicken for dinner on Sunday night, I usually pre-make salads of some sort. We had some gorgeous avocados so I wanted to incorporate them into my lunch, but I was a bit sick of regular salads. The creamy texture of avocados paired perfectly with the chicken and some crunchy celery. You can certainly omit the avocados if you're not a fan, but they really do make everything seem a little more fancy. I just had this by itself with some sliced cucumbers as a utensil, but you can definitely put some cheese on top and make a delicious panini or sandwich or even on top of a bed of mixed green salad!

What you'll need:
1 ripe avocado
1 cup chopped chicken, cooked
2 tbs. light mayo
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 purple onion, minced

1. Slice off the tops of the avocados, then cut all the way around. Cutting off the top will make it MUCH easier to take the whole thing apart. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside and dice into pieces that are about the same as the chicken. Place in a bowl.
2. To that bowl, add the minced onion, rinsed and chopped celery, mayo, and chicken.
3. Mix together and serve with bread, cucumbers, crackers, or whatever your tummy desires!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment