Search

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts

I feel as though I'm a pretty good vegetable eater. There are some veggies that I LOVE and some that I hate. I have never been a fan of brussel sprouts because of how darn stinky they are. So a few weeks ago, I was eating dinner at Daniel's house and his mom made brussel sprouts. I politely declined my serving and just continued to eat my mushrooms and steak. About 5 minutes into the meal I had a breakdown and admitted LOUDLY that I had never actually tasted a brussel sprout. I guess you could say the guilt was eating away at my insides. So, to my dismay and fear, I tasted one. Needles to say I am now OBSESSED!!! For Thanksgiving this year my mom made these delicious brussel sprouts. The recipe is so simple that anyone (even the worst of cooks) can make them. Leave them WHOLE, toss them in olive oil, Kosher salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar and roast until they're golden brown!  To make them even more special, she added some whole, raw almonds and whole garlic cloves. They are NOT stinky, and the balsamic vinegar caramelizes beautifully on them to create a divine and yummy side dish that even I, and Daniel (the PICKIEST eater in the world!!!), will eat!

What you'll need:
1 package organic brussel sprouts (about 3 cups)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. Pepper
15-20 whole garlic cloves (Trader Joe's has them peeled and ready to go)
1/2 cup raw almonds

1. Preheat your oven to 375*.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Lay them out on a large baking sheet. Roast for about 25-30 minutes (at the MOST!!!) When they're golden brown then they're ready!
3. Serve IMMEDIATELY!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment