What you'll need:
2-3 lbs. beef for stew (any market will have but Costco is always the best value)
4 tbs. flour
1 carton low sodium chicken stock (beef will work too, but Trader Joe's was out of it)
1 cup GOOD red wine
2 large yellow onions, cut into chunky
1 cup baby carrots, cut in half
2 cups slices crimini mushrooms
1 bag frozen peas
6-8 gold potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
5 cloves garlic, pressed (or minced if you don't have a garlic press)
3 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
3 tbs. tomato paste
2 branches fresh Rosemary
3 bay leaves
2 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. fresh pepper]
Crunchy onions (you can leave this out but its just so darn good!!!)
1. Trim up your beef so there isn't TOO much fat left (leave SOME, it has amazing flavor). Toss with half of the flour in the bottom of the slow cooker (the excess flour will thicken the stew).
2. On top of the beef, pour the wine and the pressed garlic. Next, add the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms onions, potatoes, and peas. Give it all a really good toss.
3. Pour in the chicken stock and the Worcestershire sauce and give it another really good mix. Finally, add the bay leaves, salt, pepper, tomato paste, and Rosemary branches.
4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (yes, it will need 10 hours). About half way through, add the remaining 2 tbs. flour if you need it to thicken up a little more. (don't freak out if it doesn't thicken up a lot at this point. when there is 1 hour left, it'll thicken like CRAZY!!!)
5. Serve immediately with some crunchy onions and fresh bread!