Search

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

I know I've told you all how awful I am at eating breakfast on Monday morning. It's the first morning after the weekend, I'd much rather be cuddling in bed watching Netflix, and I'm burnt out after a weekend of cooking for my friends and family. But my go-to meal for breakfast on those type of mornings is a smoothie. This smoothie is full of vitamins, flavor, and will fill you up for hours and give you enough energy to get through the dreaded Monday. If I haven't used my fresh fruit by day 3, then I chop them up and put them in the freezer for smoothies. I use frozen fruit instead of ice because as the fruit melts down, it never gets watery and its much healthier. This smoothie requires two frozen bananas, 1/2 cup fat free milk, and 2-3 tbs. creamy all-natural peanut butter. It's totally easy but you wouldn't believe how delicious it is. It taste like a milkshake, so if you have children that are picky eaters, try this and tell them it's a milkshake and I promise they'll be begging you to make it every morning! And, of course, I use a fun straw because fun straws make everything taste better. I've seen some recipes for this smoothie that add vanilla or chocolate but you don't need that, believe me, it's sweet enough as it is! This makes a great breakfast or lunch on the go, or even a filling and VERY healthy afternoon snack.

What you'll need:
2 frozen bananas (chopped)
1/2 cup fat free milk
3 tbs. all-natural creamy peanut butter

1. Place the bananas, milk, and peanut butter in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. If the blender stops blending, you may need to add more milk (that's fine!).
2. Pour into a cup with a straw and drink immediately!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment