Search

Friday, December 28, 2012

Spinach and Goat Cheese Wrap with Chicken

If I magically have enough time in the mornings to stop and pick up lunch before work, I 9 times out of 10 will stop at Whole Foods. The one in Beverly Hills is pretty good and their sandwich counter is just excellent. However, I find myself having a lot of trouble picking what to eat because they have so many choices!!! One morning I customized this particular wrap and made it for lunch the next 3 days in a row. A spinach tortilla has tons of vitamins in it, and I loaded it with spinach, arugula, and chicken. And, to make it a much healthier option, I chose aioli instead of mayo. If you REALLY don't like aioli, you can use mayo, but it's so much tastier and better for you! Well, I was so excited about it the first day I had it that I didn't want it to end so I saved it for the following day. When I recreated it at home, I made my own sun-dried tomato aioli by adding the 5 sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tbs. of garlic aioli into a small food processor and blending until it was pretty smooth. The colors are beautiful and it tastes as great as it looks! You can leave out the spinach or arugula but replace it with another lettuce to keep the crunch factor. If your kids aren't afraid of foods with colors, they'll love this! Remember, you can switch ingredients around all you want. This just happens to be one of my most favorite wraps ever. In fact, I think I might go make one right now... enjoy!

What you'll need:
1 large spinach tortilla
6 THIN slices cucumbers
1/4 cup arugula
1/4 cup fresh spinach
1 thinly sliced chicken breast
1/2 small purple onion, caramelized (you can leave this out)
2 tbs. crumbled goat cheese
1 tbs. garlic aioli
1 tbs. sun-dried tomato aioli

1. Lay out the tortilla on a flat surface. Evenly spread out the two aiolis.
2. On top of the aiolis, add the spinach and arugula, followed by the chicken breasts and cucumbers.
3. Finally, add the onions and goat cheese. Fold two sides in towards the middle, then the top one and start rolling until you have a beautiful wrap!
4. Secure with a toothpick, slice in half, and eat! P.S., if I'm feeling extra naughty, I use some extra aioli for dipping :)

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment