Search

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Stir Fry Green Beans

Wow. I don't even know what to say... I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted; I am SO SO SORRY!!! I'm sure you've all been just as busy as I have been. With that said, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas/Hanukkah/whatever you celebrate. I know I did!!! I had my first official catering job on Christmas for my family. I was told that it was better than Thanksgiving! Well two days later, I was finally ready to cook again. Tonight, Eliot made some DELICIOUS lamb chops (that recipe is coming up next!) and for a side dish we had baked potatoes and green beans. Instead of making them fancy with caramelized onions and garlic, i steamed them then tossed them in a VERY hot pan with a nice splash of Soy Vey... oh boy. These are one of the BEST side dishes I've EVER made!!! If you don't have any of the Soy Vey you can mix together sesame seeds, soy sauce (preferably ponzu or tamari), ginger, and a tiny bit of teriyaki sauce. If you have a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's near you, just get the good stuff! Anyways, this was a VERY easy side dish that goes well with just about anything!

What you'll need:
1 package frozen French green beans
1-2 tbs. Soy Vey

1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. While the pan is heating up, add 2 tbs. water and your green beans into a large microwave-safe container. Cover with saran wrap and steam in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
2. Remove from the microwave (watch out, it will be HOT HOT HOT when you remove the saran wrap!!!) and add the beans, NOT THE WATER, to the pan. Toss them around for a minute or two until they get really hot and add the sauce.
3. Add the Soy Vey to the pan, toss around for a minute or two and serve IMMEDIATELY! Pour any excess Soy Vey in the pan over the beans.
enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment