Search

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Burrata with Tomatoes Sautéed in White Wine

I saw this recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago and I've basically been staring at the recipe ever since. Last week I decided it was a good idea to try it, even though Daniel and I don't like tomatoes and Emily (my roommate) doesn't like cooked tomatoes. However, we all are mildly obsessed with cheese, and burrata is so simple and soft that I couldn't help but buy an unnecessary tub of it at an Italian market for $10. Well I am happy to report that 3/3 of us liked it! The key was drizzling a balsamic glaze at the very end that added an extra sweetness that balanced out the tanginess of the garlic and tomatoes. This is a great appetizer to make next time you have company over, or it works great with a side salad as a light summer dinner.

What you'll need:
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 (maybe a little more) cup white wine
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs. chopped basil 
1 tbs. olive oil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 baguette, sliced and toasted

1. Mince your garlic and chop your tomatoes (not too small or it'll get mushy!)
 
2. Heat your oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds just to flavor the oil (do NOT let it burn!). Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and wine. Let it cook for about 10 minutes, until the wine reduces by about half.
notice I chopped my tomatoes too small so I had to dice and add more
3. Slice your baguette and stick under the broiler for just a minute until it is toasted. Flip and repeat (again, do NOT let it burn!)
4. Pour the tomatoes over the burrata and drizzle with a balsamic glaze (Trader's has!) and garnish with fresh basil.

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment