Search

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Herbed Garlic Bread

Daniel is out of town for the week so I spent the weekend hanging out at my mom's house. I was pleasantly surprised to find that i had 27 episodes of Barefoot Contessa recorded. Needless to say, all I wanted to do was cook today so that's exactly what I did. For dinner we had spaghetti with turkey schnitzel and this AMAZING herbed garlic bread I saw my dear Ina make. I HATE HATE HATE parsley but this dish required it (ughhh). It was... SO DELICIOUS!!!!! I did have to make some changes from the original recipe because I'm not a fan at all of fresh oregano (sometimes it's just TOO strong) but nonetheless, it was just divine. Serve along side your favorite spaghetti and meat ball and enjoy! Oh, and if you're looking to save some for tomorrow for leftovers, good luck with that.

What you'll need:

5 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup flat leaf Italian parsley
1/4 cup fresh basil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbs. unsalted butter
1 ciabatta loaf

1. Preheat your oven to 375*. In a medium sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Slice the ciabatta horizontally and set aside on a baking sheet.
2. Meanwhile, while the oil is heating up, chop the garlic until it is finely chopped in a food processor. Add the parsley, basil, salt, and pepper and chop until well blended.
3. Sauté the herb mixture in the oil for one minute, then spoon the herbs using a slotted spoon (try not to get the olive oil on the bread or else it'll get soggy) onto one half of the bread. On the other half, spread the butter.
4. Wrap in foil and bake for 15 minutes in the oven. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Serve immediately!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment