Search

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Baked Chicken Taquitos


I know, I know, I've been a TERRIBLE blogger lately. I feel awful. BUT I am here to make it up to you with this AMAZING dish. After a few arguments and a hissy fit (or two...) Daniel and I decided that I'd make taquitos for dinner last night. I had been dying to make this recipe ever since I saw it on Pinterest about 6 weeks ago. Let me tell you, it was DEFINITELY worth the wait! They're filled with shredded chicken, spices, salsa, and... cream cheese! Oh yes, I'm serious! They were perfectly crunchy on the outside and creamy, yet spicy, on the inside. You can make these as a side dish, an appetizer, or as a full meal (the way we did!). They're great for a night at home or for a party. Please promise me you'll make these in the near future, you'll definitely be happy you did!!!

What you'll need:
2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (make it easy on yourself and get a Costco roasted chicken. You'll have leftovers for days and you KNOW it's the best chicken ever!!!)
1/4 cup each green and red salsa (you pick which kinds you want!)
2 tbs. taco seasoning
1 packet room temperature cream cheese
1 pack low carb flour tortillas

1. Preheat your oven to 425*. In a large bowl, shred the chicken and add the two salsas.
2. Add the taco seasonings (if you don't have, then use cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder) and mix together. Add the cream cheese (it MUST be room temperature or else it'll never mix) and mix throughly (use a fork).
3. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, fill the tortillas with the mixture, and line them on the pan (make sure they do NOT touch!!!).
4. Spray the top with olive oil spray and bake for 15-20 minutes.

5. Let them cool for a few and serve with your favorite guacamole and other condiments.


enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment