Search

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cashew Stir Fry

The other night I was so darn hungry I didn't know what to do with myself. Unfortunately, I had zero desire to cook something fancy and we didn't have nay good leftovers. As I rummaged through the fridge, I remembered that my grandma used to make me stir fry with some brown rice for an easy and quick meal when we were hungry but feeling lazy Fresh veggies chopped up and a splash of soy sauce was a great weeknight meal when nobody wanted to slave over a hot stove. Luckily we had all of the fixings I needed plus a few extra. Get a wok (or any large pan) pretty hot, throw some onions and get a quick char, then any other veggies of your choice and you're good to go. Of course I had to throw a shot or two of Soy Vey in there to make myself feel better. And, to make it even yummier, I tossed in some cashews to give it a great crunch. Add or remove any ingredients you like, but the key is to have a hot pan and a light oil (NOT OLIVE OIL!!! Grapeseed is best for something like this).

What you'll need:
1 large onion, roughly chopped
6 asparagus spears, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 cup crimini mushrooms, roughly chopped
1/4 cup whole cashews
1 cup brown rice (frozen from Trader Joe's is the best!)
1 tbs. low sodium soy sauce
1 tbs. Soy Vey
1 tbs. grapeseed oil

1. Heat a wok or other large pan so that it is very hot. Add the oil and onions and sauté until brown (because the pan is so hot, this will happen quickly).
2. Turn the heat to medium-high and add in the asparagus and mushrooms. Toss around and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the soy sauce, Soy Vey, and cashews. Give everything a quick mix and serve over brown rice.


enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment