Search

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pita Pizza

By now you know just how impossible it is for me to get myself together in the morning and prepare both a lunch (that isn't last night's leftovers or some quicky salad) AND breakfast. But today, I magically managed to do both! I didn't want to make an entire pizza (and there was NO way I had enough time) so I used whole wheat pita bread, sliced in half, topped with some great cheese (yes, I know I have a huge crush on goat cheese... I can't help it!!!). We also had a gorgeous bag of fresh spinach that was nearing it's end so I threw it on there, too. Some marinara sauce, parmesan cheese, and a few minutes under the broiler, I had concocted a GREAT and healthy lunch! This is also great for dinner and really fun for kids who want to get involved in the kitchen with you and they can make their own personalized ones (or grown ups!).

What you'll need:
1 whole wheat pita, cut open
2 tbs. organic marinara sauce
1/4 cup spinach leaves
2 tbs. grated parmesan cheese
2 tbs. crumbled goat cheese

1. Turn your broiler on (because the crust of the pizza is already cooked, you only need to melt the cheese). Cut your pita open. For this, use a VERY sharp knife (be careful!!!).
2. Pour the marinara sauce in the middle of your pita and spread outward. 
3. Next, top with the spinach leaves and finally the two cheeses. 
4. Place on a baking sheet and let sit under the broiler for about 3-4 minutes (until the top is bubbly and ooey gooey!).
5. Remove and serve immediately!

enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment